Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
Revised April 2021
At Disciplined Investments LLC, d/b/a HoganTaylor Wealth, we are driven by our core values. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting regulatory requirements and promoting ethically sound business practices. HoganTaylor Wealth is committed to integrating responsible and sustainable practices in all aspects of our business. It is our policy to act responsibly in our day-to-day relationships with our clients, suppliers, employees, and communities. This is reflected in our mission to Elevate our communities, our clients, and our people through remarkable service.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy outlines our efforts to elevate our communities by establishing a clear commitment to sustainability in terms of ethical business practices, the environment, and people.
This policy applies to our Firm and its subsidiaries. It may also refer to suppliers and business / community partners.
We want to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism. We focus our efforts in meeting these standards through compliance and proactiveness. Compliance refers to our company’s commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values. Proactiveness is demonstrated through initiatives to promote human rights, help communities, and protect our natural environment.
Our Firm respects the law and honors all internal policies.
We always conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights. We promote:
- Safety and fair dealing.
- Respect toward the client and community consumers.
- Independent and objective client service without regard to coercion or influence.
Our Firm recognizes the need to protect the natural environment. Keeping our environment clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all. We support the use of best practices in environmental aspects of our business. Stewardship also plays an important role.
Our Firm is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and abide by all fair labor practices. We ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights.
We ensure that we:
- Protect the health and safety of our employees and community.
- Support diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Promote the value of health and welfare for people in the way we conduct business.
Donations and Aid
Our Firm is committed to supporting our communities through financial donations and monetary aid. These donations will aim to:
- Advance the arts and education
- Support community events
- Alleviate need within our communities
Through our HTcommUNITY efforts, the Firm encourages employees to volunteer by providing each employee 24 hours of paid time off for these activities each year. They can volunteer through programs organized internally or externally. From year-to-year, the Firm may also sponsor volunteering events through other organizations.
Apart from legal obligations, our Firm will proactively protect the environment. Examples of relevant activities include:
- Supporting the advancement of recycling efforts.
- Support the elimination of waste components like paper and printing supplies through digital work products, communications, and documental storage.
- Conservation of energy in all of our offices by reducing the physical footprint and reducing energy demand.
- Organizing environmental support opportunities.
- Using environmentally friendly supplies.
Supporting the Community
Our Firm supports community investment and educational programs. Examples of relevant activities include:
- Supporting the organizational needs of local universities through structural building support and advancement of curriculum to students.
- Providing support to underserved schools.
- Supporting nonprofit organizations and other community partners through activities like board representation.
- Promoting cultural and economic development.
Through our Dynamic core value, we optimistically seek to be better tomorrow than we are today. We will actively invest in innovation and learning and development. We will be open to suggestions and listen carefully to ideas. Our Firm will try to continuously improve the way it operates. Examples of this commitment include:
- Supporting the ongoing education and development of our people through continuing education.
- Financially supporting our people’s desire to be recognized experts through attaining certification and credentials in their field of expertise.
- Supporting our community leaders in developing their expertise by offering business classes in areas of leadership, finance, technology, and accounting.
- Investing in top technology solutions that will advance our business practices and support the needs of our clients.